Thursday, January 27, 2011

He's gonna be a soccer player, he is... he is...

Billy Madison quote.  No?  Get cultured, people!

Lately, my guess is my child is going to be a soccer player.  It is kicking the crap outta me!  Either a soccer player or MC Hammer because I'm not kidding you, at 4:30 AM it was doing the running man in my stomach.  And I know the running man.  Or maybe it was sprinting, I don't know but, oh man, it was workin'!

It's weird because for about two weeks I guess I could feel it every-so-often, but I thought it was gas.  People kept telling me the many things it could feel like, butterflies, a tapping of a few fingers from the inside, but all I felt was bubbles.  So, I chalked it up to what I'd been chalking everything up to til that point - gas.

Turns out, it was baby.  Even at the doctor's appointment two weeks ago, when we were looking at it PUNCH and KICK me, the tech asked if I could feel it then as I was watching it do so, but no, I couldn't.  Now?  Now I feel it all. the. time!  I think when I told my mom I hadn't felt it and that I was feeling gas, she told me, "that's probably not gas" and since then, a few days ago, I have realized I guess it really is baby.  Sometimes it's uncomfortable, sometimes it's just plain weird and sometimes it's cool.  Last night, you could actually see it from the outside and Mark got to feel it kick him.  So cool.

Nice to know it's in there and that I don't have to worry from doctor's appointment to doctor's appointment :)


On a serious side note:  I have cankles.  At 23 weeks how am I already retaining so much water?  I don't even drink enough water!!!!  It's not fair.  I was made fun of for half my life for having skinny, twig-like ankles, and I liked my ankles.  I want my ankles back, baby.  Give them back.  Just when I was getting used to having this mass sticking out of my abdomen, even liking it somedays... my ankles start looking like this:


Oh, pregnancy, what will you do to my body next?  Let it be anything, ANYTHING but a popped out belly-button!!! ;)~  Oh, and stretch marks!  Annnd don't let my ankles get any bigger.  It will cause a downward spiral of threats to actually use our treadmill and it just can't come to that...

No comments:

Post a Comment