Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolving

I've never been one to make a New Year's Resolution... I don't think I'll start this year.  I mean, what would I resolve to do?  Well, I looked up some of the top resolutions that people make.  Here's a list of some of the top New Year's Resolutions in no particular order... and how they do or do not apply to me.

1. Diet - yea, I think pregnancy is doing that for me.  you know, the hatred of food and all....
2. Quit Smoking - well, I don't smoke so...
3. Exercise - I really, REALLY would like to do this.  Really.  But, motivation gets in the way.  Maybe this will be my resolution!
4. Quit Drinking - already did this, thanks pregnancy.  and when not pregnant?  a glass o' wine every once in a while won't kill me
5. Stop Procrastinating - yea.  this is impossible.  if I resolved this, I would be setting myself up for complete and utter failure. and that's just not right.
6. Save Money - good thing I married Cheapy McCheapster
7. Go to Church - this is something Mark and I have talked about so it's not a resolution but it's something we are definitely going to do.
8. Wake up early - hm. I have to get up at 5:30 for work every day.  and once Baby F comes, I'm pretty sure won't sleep at all so this is a stupid one... and not just for me, this is a stupid resolution.
9. Stop cursing - impossible.  plus, I can't do it at school, so when I get home I need to make up for time lost.  Sorry Mom and Dad. :)
10. Read the newspaper - don't get the paper in the county.  plus, it's full of sad and bad news anyway.  screw that.
11. Manage Debt - Mark keeps saying he's going to pay off my car and student loans this year.  bahahahahahahaha that's funny.  But, we don't really have "debt" - at least not that hinders our lives - so this one doesn't really pertain to us.
12. Go Green - I'd like to, butttt it's expensive :)
13. Volunteer/Help people - When I can give money, I do; I donate to Goodwill and other places like that, but I don't volunteer... that's just not for me.
14. Learn something new - like what?
15. Spend more time with family - I spend a lot of time with family.  I love my family.

So, see?  I'm not a good resolver.  I guess I'll go to church and exercise - or something.  Anyway, here's to you all being better resolution makers than I am!  :) Have a happy and a healthy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment