As you read our anniversary blog, listen to the song we danced to at our wedding... it still makes me shed a tear :')
1st year of wedded bliss? Check!
One year ago today, we tied the knot, got hitched, (are there any more idioms for getting married?)...
What a whirlwind year it has been!!!! I can honestly say to those naysayers, who think the first year of marriage is so hard, HAH! We had a wonderful year and Mark and I weren't the ones who got used to living together before we were married; and we hardly saw each other when he played ball. So, after a four year relationship, I would probably have to say we were at a three year old relationship level - if not less! This past year was absolutely. amazing.
Yes, living together has been a learning process definitely!!! He drives me crazy a lot, and I'm sure I don't drive him crazy at all :) and we have had so much getting used to and learning little quirks about each other and it's been so amazing getting to know him in this way. Now, we get to be parents and could not be more elated. I can't wait to see what our second year brings (besides baby!)
Let's do a little comparison! Here is us a year ago today:
and here is us now, one year of marriage down, a baby on the way and so many more amazing things in store for us...
Mark surprised me... we weren't supposed to do gifts because we have the biggest gift coming in May :) But, he went above and beyond as he's known to do from time to time and surprised me with a rose gold/white gold ring, something I've wanted for a long time!
Ain't it gorgeous!?!? It looks like yellow gold - but it's rose :)
Dinner was amazing. Go to Melting Pot and at least get the chocolate fondue. O.M.G. It's to die for. And so was the rest of our meal. So good. All in all, an incredible end to our first year of marriage and beginning of our second. I can't wait.
Happy 1st Anniversary to my amazing and handsome husband!!! I can't wait to spend the next 70+ years with you!!! xoxo
Happy Anniversary:) Sounds like a great first year of marriage!
ReplyDelete