Wednesday, February 16, 2011

26 weeks

Hello, 3rd Trimester :)  Let's get you over with!

Had a doctor's appointment today.  Scheduled my glucose test so they can tell me I eat like crap and to drink more water.  Why do I have to drink that nasty drink to be told something I already know!?

Some updates:
Weight gain: about 12 lbs. I'm not exactly sure what I weighed in at when I first visited the doctor but I'm sure it was around 122-125 and today I was 135 on the dot! *I think that I've been freaked out that I'll have a monster size baby because of my mom and mother-in-law BUT I'm just not sure something that big is going to fit in me.
Baby weight: about 2 itty bitty pounds :) I can just picture this fully developed baby - face and all at 2 lbs.  OMG right!?!? So freakin cuuuuuuuuuuuute.
Stomach measurement: 26 inches- perfect
Heartbeat: 142 bpm - perfection :)  The poor lady who was taking the heart beat kept getting kicked!!  Baby was not happy to have that cold jelly on Mama's belly!!!  The nurse laughed and said we have a feisty one... don't I know it!!
All-in-all everything is great!  I'm so thankful :) :)
I start going to the doctor every two weeks starting now!!  Holy moly... I can't believe we're in the home stretch already?

Other updates: Oxygen?  Breathing?  Can't.... But I did take Rocky on a walk Sunday and Monday and plan to tomorrow and Friday and did ok.  See?  If it was spring time I'd be exercising!  Or walking my dog, which is exercise!  So, I blame winter for my lack of fitness. 
Ummm my back is killing. me.  Started Saturday and has not stopped.  Asked the doctor and don't you know, her comforting reply was, "that's pregnancy!"  Thanks.  No shit.  Helppp!  So, pop a few Tylenol and get over it basically.

Discovery: Need to develop more patience.  First of all, you need to show up at 2AM for a 3PM appointment.  I end up waiting forever so why do they ask that I get there 15 min. before my appointment!?  Not like I'd get in any soonerrrrr!!!  But, that's beside my point on the whole patience issue.  While waiting in the waiting room I was joined by [about] 2/3 year old Harrison and his mommy and daddy.  Harrison was cute UNTIL he opened his mouth.  This kid's volume level was at like a 20.  I needed it to be at like a 2.  The ONLY explanation for how on earth Mommy and Daddy could have allowed this child to speak, sing and babble on the level he was is that they are deaf.  They had to be.  I was this close |  | to losing it and telling little Harrison to can it.  Thank God I got called when I did.  Let me give you a lesson, Mom and Dad, out of Patty Robinson's book o' keeping the child's mouth shut.  Snacks and activities.  Seriously?  Show up at an appointment with nothing for the kid so it has to keep itself company???  In the words of my beloved Grandma, "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR EVER-LOVIN' MIND????"  I'm not even a mom yet and I know that.  Get it together, Harrison's parents!!  Geez!

Anyway... no belly picture today.  But I thought I'd overload you with cuteness instead :)  In true 1980's fashion, as you all well know, we have chosen NOT to find out the sex of our baby.  This is appalling to a lot of people these days who wonder, "how will you ever register for anything????"  Our response?  "Easily."  We made decisions about everything very easily.  And, "you're stupid."  No, we don't actually say that to people, but I want to.  I mean it's not like they don't have anything generic... get real.  And, have fun when you register for all blue/sporty boy stuff and your second baby is a girl and you have to re-register for everything only to come out in the end with double everything you don't need.  Be smart people, no matter if you find out or not, register neutral.  Unless you're only planning on having one, of course.  It's just smarter... and we would absolutely not have done anything (registry-wise) differently had we found out girl or boy!

Something we were looking forward to was not being bombarded by too many baseball outfits or pink, frilly jumpers all in sizes 0-3 months.  It's going to be nice not to have to return 2934794857 outfits before Baby is even born.  But, no fear, Grandma and Aunt Mallory are here to rescue the thought that I may not have anything for Baby to wear at all.  (I'm not sure why people are so crazed about not finding generic clothes for babies... Mom and Mal have had a fine time!)  So, I'll add pictures of all the ADORABLE and GENERIC outfits Baby Fleisher will be sporting this summer :) :) :) :)

First outfit Baby ever got that Mallory bought BEFORE she was supposed to even know about Baby....


Even my secret pal at work is getting baby fever :) Love the turtlessssss



Valentine's Day from Grandma and Grandpa (Robinson.  Fleishers will be Nana and I think Pop)



shut.up. with the footsiesss!!

Keeping with the giraffe theme that Baby's room will be...



 Annnnd can't go without a little doggyyy one!



I can't wait to meet our little one and dress it up in these outfits and the many more we are sure to collect!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. You should have given 'Harrison' dirty looks like I used to do in church to the kids who would turn around in the pew in front of me. That's always fun :)

    ReplyDelete