Friday, February 11, 2011

25 Things

Around this time for the last two years I have made this list of random things.  It's funny to see the change of randomness in my life.  You can check out the last two years here (you can only see it if you have Facebook but you have to log in) and here.  I believe I copied and pasted some of the things from year to year.  This year, I foresee lots of differences so heree I go :)

1.  My husband punched me in the nose this morning.  haha.  I wish I wasn't going to explain this because just saying that is freakin' hilarious, but I will explain as I know he felt really REALLY bad.  He stole all my covers last night.  For the 2nd time this week.  We don't even use the same covers!  So, when I woke him up to give me my dang covers back he was pulling them out of the cocoon he made himself when his hand flung across his body and sucker punched me in the nose.  Nothing was hurt, however, except feelings :) and by that I mean his.  He woke up extra early this morning (when his actual alarm went off) I think to make up for it hahah kinda funny when you think about it... I guess. 

2.  I am six months and one week pregnant.  Yes, I realize this is not new news but it blows my mind!!!  In just 15 short weeks we are going to have a little one keeping us up at night!  I guess I should really be taking it easy for the next 15 weeks.  Conserve my energy, ya know.

3.  I drank a Dr. Pepper today.  I don't remember the last time I had a Dr. Pepper!  But, I wanted a soda and the school's machines didn't have my Sunkist Orange soda!  I have to say that even though it made me very burpy, I quite enjoyed the Dr. today.

4.  Tomorrow Mom, Peggy and Mal are coming to the house to finish painting the ORIOLES orange room (reallyyyyy hope I like it once everything gets put up...) and to paint the baby's room.  I'm excited to get that color up, I think I'm really going to like it.  Then, it will seem like we are just that much closer to getting things organized for Baby!

5.  I had parent/teacher conferences last night and they were horrendous.  First of all, the last from 1-7 with a 45 min break from 4:15-5 for dinner.  That's ludicrous.  AND there are no scheduled appointments which is asinine.  So, I had two parents from 1-4 and two parents between 5 and 6:30 and from 6:30-7 I had like seven!!!!!  So, needless to say I was one of the last ones out of here because the damn people won't shut up.  But, the consensus is a.) their kids suck (my words) and b.) I'm having a girl.  I think they were more concerned with me and how much school I'd be missing rather than their failing child.  Go figure - now I see where their kids get their "focus" skills...

6.  I can't stand cooking.  I've come to this very upsetting conclusion.  I hate it.  I would like to hire a personal chef who made me dinner every night.  I end up eating like crap and not until like 7/8 at night because I just don't feel like making anything!  It doesn't help that I cook for one.

7.  My choice Pandora station is Sublime "Santeria"... I have liked and disliked enough and the songs that pop up are always great!  I was pissed last night every time a parent interrupted as I was jammin' out!

8.  Rocky gave Baby a hug last night.  I wish Mark would have been home to get a picture of it.  I was sitting on the couch having just spent 12+ hours at work and I was exhausted.  Rocky came over and did his usual "sit like a man" pose that we always laugh at and then casually crawled up on me so that just his back legs were off the couch.  He had one arm under my belly and one arm over my belly and laid his head on top of my belly.  It was so sweet.  I'm going to try to get him to reenact it some time when Mark is home to take a picture and when I don't look like I just spent 12+ hours at school. 

9.  I'm super excited to get pictures done by my sis.  I'll have two sessions in the next few months!  One for the fam, and one for preg. pictures!  Mark has requested a bare belly picture... I'm considering it.  But, I'm not one who thinks is ok to be all like, "look at my bare pregnant belly"... to me, it's like saying, "look at my boob" and flopping it out.  Don't even get me started on pregnant people baring all at the beach.  It's a private thing, to me... but he's requested it and since I'm a pushover and if I think about it long and hard I think I'll regret if I don't get at least one, I'll probably do it. 

10.  Maternity clothes are not made for people who are taller than 5'3".  I am at my wits end with this crud.  I have been everywhere and have finally just ordered clothes online which is a pain in the butt because if they don't work (like the first batch I got in last night and tried on and almost vommed on myself) I have to send them back and it's just too much.  I'm over it.  But, I don't fit into my clothes.  I can't zip my pants anymore so my belly band is pretty much covering my underwear rather than doing anything else.

11.  My sis and I have been on the hunt for a new hair dresser.  The one we had been seeing (me-since I moved here four years ago) we decided was neurotic and when we would call for an appointment she would only have a year from now available... eff that noise.  So, we went with a lady last time whose son gets lessons from Mark.  She charged us $60!!!  And that was with a $5 discount. hahah no thanks!  Mark says in response, "No wonder she drives a Mercedes."  Yea, no kidding.  So, I just got the name of a new place down town, Blackbird.  They charge $38 which is the cheapest I've found other than Hair Cuttery and when I called Wednesday, I got an appointment for TODAY!  It felt great!!  I'm excited to try it out.  I hope they play the Beatles version of "Blackbird" :)

12.  Mark and I are watching this new show "One Born Every Minute" on Lifetime and it is great.  It's real life delivery room live stories.  They are great!  Some a little scary like, "that could actually happen?" scary but some are funny.  This week they had a couple - the hubby had A.D.D. and was super excited, and the woman while giving birth vommed.  It was Mark and me.  A.D.D. annoying daddy in waiting that chanted, "Let's go baby, let's go!" = Mark!  Woman who voms during childbirth? = me.  Great.  Check it out!  Great show!

13.  I can't wait to meet my baby.  I keep trying to picture who it will look like.  A combination?  A Mark mini-me?  An Emily mini-me?  Girl?  Boy?  SO MANY unknowns!!!!!!!!!!

14.  Still don't like the boy name :(

15.  Last night, not only did I get punched in the nose by my husband, but I got a HORRIBLE Charlie horse in my left calf.  OMG!!  I couldn't even move my leg the whole time it was seizing.  It was so bad.  Now?  It's sore!!! 

16.  I discovered that when I wear heels all day and I'm up on my feet most of the time, THAT'S when I get the cankles.  So, I may have to give them up soon.  When I got home last night my legs looked back to their tree trunk selves.  And that ain't cool.

17.  I seriously need to work on my road rage.  I mean it's so bad it's scaring me now.  Especially since the little one will be here and I can't be raging with a car seat in the car.  But let me just say, it's not me!!!  It's the dang crazies on the road who think they can go 55 in the left hand lane on 95 which, by the way, is 70mph now.  And the people who cut you off when if you look for 10 miles behind you, no one is there.  So, why didn't you wait til I passed you, buddy?  And WHY did you cut me off and go 10mph under the speed limit?  Why?  I will go freakin' Cruella DeVille on your ass.  Get. out. of. my. way.  Dang, see?  I get all hype even just typing about it!

18.  I do not feel like grading essays this weekend.  And yet, I assigned another essay that will be turned in on Monday.  What is the matter with me? 

19.  All I've wanted throughout this pregnancy is wine, hot dogs and sushi.  Three things I'm really forbidden from eating.  In June Mark and I will go out for sushi and cheers with wine.  We will also be going to the ball park because I'm hankerin' for a dog and a beer.  Yummmm!

20.  I will be going to baseball games with a tag-a-long this year! :) Can't wait to show off our little one!!!  Not only at the ball park but EVERYWHERE!!!!  Unless, of course it has a cone head like Mark did :) hehe

21.  Speaking of tag-a-longs... it's Girl Scout cookies season.  A little girl came to my door the other day and I was home alone.  I bought four boxes.  I couldn't resist.  Mark will eat them all, I know it, but I'm ready for them.

22.  I love the Beatles.  I mean, I just love them.  I could listen to them all day.  (Can you tell that a Beatles song just came on my Pandora?)  :)

23.  I'm running out of random things to say!  I do, however, need a book to read.  I'm done with baby books and now I need something fun and easy to fall asleep with.  Any suggestions!?!?  Last time I got suggestions was before the wedding for the honeymoon and I didn't really like any of the suggestions.  So, make some good ones, people!!!

24.  This weekend is Valentine's Day.  We don't make a big deal, I got Mark a few goodies, Mark will get me flowers and candy, we'll exchange cards.  It's a silly holiday, but I enjoy it because for the last three years we've double dated with Mal and Chris.  It's fun to look back because two years ago neither of us were engaged and we were both searching the pockets of the boys to see if we saw any ring boxessss!  Last year I was married and Mal was engaged.  This year Mal is married and I'm having a baby!!!  So much has happened in three short years :)

25.  I have literally run out of things to say.  Is my life that dull?  Do I really not have nothing else going on in my life worthy of putting on my list of random things!?  It's a sad life I lead.  I'm so ready to go home.  Amen to 2:35.  Peace out, stalkers :)

1 comment:

  1. emily: i couldnt make it through your entire list bc i just have to respond to the charlie horse thing. DO NOT BEND YOUR TOES. I had that twice when I was pregnant and it was the worst pain ever.. i was afraid to move at night. Mark probably does laugh at you when you scream like you are dying.. mine did and as you can imagine that made the situation just 10x worse ;) hope your feeling great!! REST UP MOMMA!

    ReplyDelete