It takes a lot out of you to have a sick pup. Most of the time he seems okay. But he doesn't eat, he's still throwing up and we are out of answers. People food. That is where we are at this point. Rice and we'll see what else we add. He has to eat and he's being a stubborn ass and won't eat dog food anymore.
But, like I've said, he's resilient. He loves playing with his daddy and cuddling in the sunshine with his mama. Sometimes I secretly hope all this he's going through is sympathy symptoms of my pregnancy... wishful thinking?
But it is exhausting. Physically and emotionally Mark and I are exhausted. Keep your prayers and positive vibes comin' to us!!!!
People food, on a people plate, with a little bit of dog food. Of course, he ate around the dog food as much as he could. Pain in the ass, spoiled dog.
Oh yea, forgot to mention he's also taking Pepcid AC now... so in addition to his human blood pressure prescription, I think it's safe to say that my animal farm prediction may really be on the horizon...
Emily, just thought you might want to know that our dog, Hokie, has a weird food allergy where my mom has to make homemade dog food out of people food for her. It's brown rice, boiled chicken, oatmeal and carrots. Not sure if this helps!
ReplyDelete