Sunday, July 3, 2011

1 month

Our little Tinker bell is one month old.  Mommy cries a little bit every time she says it out loud.  I can not believe it has been a month already!!!

At the doctor's office everyone fawned over our little cutie pie.  She is quite the attention grabber.  Duh.  She did get a shot :( but she was a trooper.  Just a few, loud cries as she is known to make and she was done.  We were told that the two month appointment she is loaded down with shots so I'm sure I will be a wreck : /

boo boo :(

Daddy dressed her for the doctor trip... hahah

Stats for the little lady: 10 pounds 9 ounces -- 86th percentile
                                   23 inches -- 97th percentile

She is so big now and eating 4 ounces every three hours during the day and four hours at night - exactly how they had us doing it in the hospital.  I recommend everyone try it out; if your nurses advise you to feed every two hours while you are in the hospital, try to extend it to three.  She has kept the same pattern and Mark and I get decent sleep.  Babies may get used to it the first few days and keep that up - so if you're feeding every two hours in the hospital that's why you're having to get up every two hours when you get home - therefore getting no sleep.  I'm not a doctor and in no way is my advice right - but I'm just saying it's our experience and you might want to try it out.  

We are going to take these pictures every month for a year.  You've met G the giraffe before and we're going to use him to watch Lucy grow :) I'm a little upset I didn't think of it sooner so I could get a newborn picture of her against him :(

she is already so big :( 

Update on mommy:
           ~ tail bone still hurts... I still find myself easing myself down as I sit; especially if it is a hard surface.  Mark thinks Lucy bruised it and I agree.
           ~ back still hurts. a lot.  I am bending over quite a bit to pick up Lucy or put her down or something of the sort.  It is a very irritating pain - like a pinched nerve or bruised spine?
           ~ I am very much enjoying this whole life without heartburn.  It is more amazing than I remember.
           ~ I have pretty much lost all the baby weight.  The last five points are sticking around for longer than I care them to.  I still have a pooch which bothers me but more than that - the line down the belly is still very prominent and I think that bothers me more than the belly fat!  But, I reckon if the line wasn't there, the belly fat would bother me more.  For the record, I hope my daughter has a better body image of herself than I ever did.
           ~my emotions are still wack-o... I can literally cry at the drop of a hat and/or tear your eyes out for nothing.  orr better yet, both at the same time.  More often it's the tears...
     
Regrets?  Not even the thought of one.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you both are doing well! The ugly line will eventually fade. I think mine went away by the time Hailee was 3 Months.

    ReplyDelete