So, anyway! While walking this loop, I am listening to my iPod. I haven't listened to my iPod in forever so the songs on it are super old. But great of course! I always tell Mark I have the BEST taste in music!!
The first night as I was walking I heard Def Leppard's, "Pour Some Sugar on Me". Oh how I loved that song in college. Then I got to thinking, holy crap I've been out of college for 5 years. I am horrified.
Gone are the days that I danced atop coffee tables.
Gone are the days that I was carefree and let my hair down.
Gone are the nights spent at BT's with a pitcher (or four...)
Gone are the Thursday nights gettin' down at Rileys.
Gone are the happy hours at Rileys... in the spring on the deck... ordering dub dir shirs (translation: double dirty Shirleys)
... it's. so. depressing.
Me 5 years ago:
Me now:

I do miss college all the time. It was a feeling I'll never experience again; but, I wouldn't change my life now for anything. I love my husband, I love my home and I LOVE my baby :)
No comments:
Post a Comment