Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Baby's first beach trip

Lucy, Mark and I went on our first trip to the beach together!  We went down to Hilton Head with Mark's family.  It was a very long drive and Lucy did great.  Mommy sat in the back of the car with her the whole way and we just had some good girl-time :)

4th of July outfit :)

None of us had ever been to Hilton Head before so we were excited to explore.  It was much quieter than what we are used to at Myrtle.  However, there was less to do.  Right by the house was a little shopping center that had Ritas :) and the beach stores and tons of food.  They also had live music every night which was really neat.

live music fun!

Mark's family does things a little differently.  With my family we do everything at the beach together; with Mark's, because there are so many people (immediate fam and Mark's mom's sis's fam too...) a lot of the times everyone goes their separate way sometimes.  So, Lucy, Mark and I were able to go shopping, out to dinner and hang out a lot together.

 some together time at the pool

 out to dinner with mommy and daddy one night :)

 night-time walk on the beach

 loves her carrier


Mark is not a huge beach person so he hung out at the house with Lucy a lot.  I hung out at the pool and at the beach but was hesitant to leave Luc for too long.  Not that I don't trust others to watch her but I just like to be near her.  Also, I hope I get up the courage to bring her down to the beach for my fam's trip, but we'll see.  The sand makes me nervous and she gets so, so hot!  She'll be a little older by then and I hope I can get it together.

 daddy and cousin Sean fishing - they caught two sharks and a stingray!!!  and a bunch of little fish

 soooo relaxed in her babe-in suit :)

baldy ready to go out to the pool for a bit :)

It was fun and relaxing to get away.  Mark has been going 100 miles an hour since Lucy was born and I'm glad he was able to get away and put down the phone and his schedule book for a few days.  Can't wait for our next trip in August... right before I go back to work :( oh man...

 my beautiful family :)

all the Fleishers and the soon-to-be Gloss' on the far right :) congrats to my sis-in-law and Sean!  Sooo excited for another wild wedding!!!

Last pic of our silly girl looking at herself in the mirror on the way home :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a great time, the pictures are great :)

    ReplyDelete