Recently my husband used a phrase that we heard over and over in St. Lucia.
"No pressure, no problem"
They say it because of the St. Lucia Volcano. Really it is more of the sulphur springs because the last minor eruption occurred in the lat 1700's, however it was only a steam eruption. The volcano is said to be the only drive-in volcano in the world. People live in the volcano and it is a tourist attraction to people who go to bathe in the sulphur springs. Mark and I toured it on our honeymoon. The phrased was coined by the St. Lucians to express their gratitude that the volcano is dormant. No pressure (from the volcano to erupt) no problem. It means to live and be thankful for ever day because you never know when it might decide to explode!!

When Mark said it the other day it obviously reminded me of our honeymoon a year and 1/2 ago(!) and how much has happened since then. We are so thankful for our life: our beautiful home however messy it may be, our families, and of course our daughter. It is so surreal having her here! She is so adorable and I can't stand how much I love her. It actually hurts.
We are so lucky.

There are a lot of things that are overwhelming me lately. When Mark said our honeymoon motto the other day, it sparked something in me and I was able to put things into perspective. I need to remember to take things one day at a time.
So, if you're feeling a little overwhelmed like me, just remember:
Don't we look so carefree???
When Mark said it the other day it obviously reminded me of our honeymoon a year and 1/2 ago(!) and how much has happened since then. We are so thankful for our life: our beautiful home however messy it may be, our families, and of course our daughter. It is so surreal having her here! She is so adorable and I can't stand how much I love her. It actually hurts.
We are so lucky.
There are a lot of things that are overwhelming me lately. When Mark said our honeymoon motto the other day, it sparked something in me and I was able to put things into perspective. I need to remember to take things one day at a time.
So, if you're feeling a little overwhelmed like me, just remember:
"No pressure, no problem."
No comments:
Post a Comment