Sunday, May 9, 2010

Puppies and babies :)

What a weekend...
We got to see baby Nolan on Friday.  I have been dying to see him since the wedding because I love him!  He's so teeny still and such a silly guy.  I wanted to keep him.  After the horrible days I had Thursday and Friday it was soooo great to see him... left a smile on my face :)
Don't you just wanna squeeze him???????
Saturday Mal and I went home... we did some shopping with my dad for Mother's Day and then headed to Southern States.  He had mentioned puppies there for adoption.  Mom has been looking for a new doggy but she was being really picky - and rightly so.  NONE that look like Taffy, or act like Taffy, or smell like Taffy........... :) And she definitely didn't want a puppy so it had to be potty trained and had to be a girl.  SO when Dad said he wanted to look at puppies Mal and I kept saying "remember what Mom wants!!!!!!!!!!!" but we went to appease Dad anyway.  When we got there we heard someone say they bought the last puppy so we kind of went "eh" but went in anyway.  When we walked in they had a ton of cats and three dogs left.  They had one puppy boy and two older girls.  One drew us in right away... she was sweet as can be, quiet, and every question we asked the guy he gave us the answer Mom would have wanted (even though he was a stupid jerk about it).  We were texting Mom like crazy getting her to come to see the little girly.  She finally got there, and we had already started filling out papers because TWO other couples were eying her!!!  When Mom got there, it was very fast.  We all just fell in love with our little Honey girl.  They signed on the dotted line and we headed home with the crazy little thing :)
She can JUMP (nearly scaled our neighbor's 6ft fence and jumped Mom and Dad's!!!) but she's a really sweet girl.  She did SO good the first night and hasn't had any accidents!  I'm glad for Mom and Dad ... she is so in love with them already :) She needed a great home, and I can't imagine a better home for her than Mom and Dads... of course!  Despite the sadness we still feel for the loss of Taffy, we are so happy to have a new little girly in the house.  Definitely not a replacement, but a great addition!  
I'm glad we had some smiles this weekend... when we all get together we are able to laugh through anything and I'm so happy for that.  What an amazing family we have and I can't imagine having to go through this experience without them.  So lucky, and thankful...
Also, Happy Mother's Day to my mom... most amazing mother in the universe.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun Mother's Day! The new puppy is adorable =)

    ReplyDelete