so life is not made by the big things... even though we did so so so many fun "big" things this fall.
but we also did a lot of sitting around the house.
now, i'm not going to "narrate" these pics but with each few pics i'll tell you a bit about her these days.
*in totally random order...and all from my iPhone
*in totally random order...and all from my iPhone
Lucy can not be kept busy. I thought this would keep her company for a while. I got maybe 5 minutes...
she is such a silly soul. she loves making faces, giving kisses, gasping, and sitting on your lap to snuggle a bit
my 17 year old... she really is picking up on everything. I now know what I say a lot because she says it a lot. Firstly, I gasp a lot. I also say "oh my" and she says it all the time!!! I usually say it when she does something over-the-top or really melodramatic. and now she'll just walk around saying, "oh my, oh my, oh my"
Christmas smocking :)
I think she purposely gets this bad at dinner because when she's done she demands, "ba" (bath) and then "allou" (Caillou) which is our nightly routine.
insisted on putting her hat and gloves on to walk around the house. IMPOSSIBLE to get the kid to stop long enough for a decent picture... most of my pictures of late are of her and at least one body part in a blur.
she walks up to us and does a horsey neigh and jumps on backs. yep. aunt mow was the victim this time.
I mean the picture speaks for itself, no?
she has been very, very, veery sassy lately. it really scares me because she can get really mean and her favorite word is no.
no. no. no. no. no. no. I think they all go through it, but it's hard sometimes to deal with her strong personality.
that face, the night gown... i mean!
she purposely throws things when you ask for them or to get attention or for various other reasons... and then yells UH OH!!! yea, doesn't get that uh oh is for accidents, not things done purposefully...
the tush! I just want to squeeze it.
we have a good routine at night. we get a bath, we watch Caillou, Pajanimals and then say goodnight to everything. everything. and then we rock in her room. I sing some songs, she love, love, loves to sing, too. If you ask her to sing you a song, she does. You won't know what song it is, but it's so sweet that she attempts to sing. It's the most darling thing.
sometimes just life excites her. it really is so thrilling as a mom to watch them enjoy the small things. for instance, we were out to dinner the other night and we let her hold the "buzzer". when it lit up and vibrated her jaw dropped and her face was PRICELESS.
she just loves to laugh and have a great time.
she is becoming more and more girly. she LOVES (and I can not emphasize that more) her dolls and the necklaces we have around. it is refreshing seeing as how she's with her dad all the time and he is definitely trying to ruin her... ;)
I don't know how she is ever going to sleep in a real bed... the kid is all. over. the. place.
I am always looking for ideas for her new room. She will be moving eventually from the nursery to a big-girl room. I am going to try not to be crazy but she's not in a "girly" room now because we wanted generic, but I am going to definitely do girly for her big-girl room.
letting baby rock. she loves to take care of her babies. she has three dolls and she feeds them, gives them bottles, puts them in their bed and covers them up. she does have a sweet heart, even when she is being sassy or smacking me upside my head.
rocking. she loves rocking or getting in her car and going on a "walk" or getting on her other car and scooting around or taking her babies on a walk... always on the move.
sweetest face ever. she loved picking the pumpkins at the little farmer's market by our house. notice the jumper? it was 90 degrees this day in the beginning of October... lots has changed from then til now! also notice the bruise on her cheek. she's a wild child!
she has the sweetest little body. I love absolutely everything about her: her tummy, her legs, her cheeks, her nose, her eyes, her lips!!! EVERYTHING!
not a good picture to capture it, but she dances like crazy every time Caillou comes on!!
her first smocking. Grandma Jo got this for one of us (my sister or me) and Lucy fits into it now. She just looks so darling :)
If you ask her a question and either she doesn't understand or she doesn't know how to answer, she says "hm" and it's too cute!!!!
too cool for you.
She knows exactly what she wants and will do what it takes to get it. A lot of times it results in screaming and mommy asking if she needs help.. to which she responds "houp". We are trying to get her to use her words a bit more - "help" "sorry" and "thank you" are a few we need to work on. she says "pees" (please) quite often but doesn't quite get that even if she says please she won't necessarily get what she wants.
she really enjoys coloring. I think it's partly about the coloring book which is Ewmo!!!! haha! but she also, I think, enjoys holding the crayon/pen/sometimes paint brush and making marks.
a little goob. taking after her daddy. greeeaaat.
taking one of her doggies on a walk. she literally learns a new thing every day. she says a new word, or does a new action or sometimes I can even see the light bulb go off in her little head. it's thrilling for me.
yea, I let my kid eat a blue m&m... and a red one, and an orange one, and a green one... she ate a whole tiny, trick-or-treat size bag in two days. it's ok, I survived my whole life eating like shit. :) she'll be fine.
She says and signs "more" for many things... not just food. if she likes the song we're listening to or that I am singing, for more food, etc. I hear "more" a lot... she is quite the needy kiddo.
I think the picture says it all.
Hope you enjoyed a little glimpse into Lucy at 17 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment