So, I had seen all these people posting what they were thankful for on Facebook. I thought was cute but didn't want to annoy all my FB friends with a post a day so I figured I'd compile all of the things I was thankful for on the blog. I came here every day this month and put down what I was thankful for that day. Next year, Lucy and I will be doing a "Thankful Tree" on a wall in our home (thanks, Pinterest) but she's too young to understand this year.
So, a day-by-day account of what I am thankful for:
November 1 - Today I am thankful for my healthy, beautiful, and happy daughter. No matter her attitude or mood, she is the absolute light of my life and I don't know what I ever did without her.
November 2 - Today I am thankful for my husband. He drives me insane. But I love him anyway... and he does do things that other dads/husbands don't. I'm thankful he stopped on his way home from work to pick up some more ice cream for me. And I didn't even have to beg much :)
November 3 - My family is an extension of myself. I would not be where I am without my mother who talks me off a ledge at least once a month, my dad who I've always cherished because he was always the nicest dad and to this day lives up to that title, my sister who is my best friend and my brother who is funny and who completes our family in the best possible way. I love them all so much I can't even describe.
November 4 - With Mark away for the weekend, I am truly thankful for a marriage that works for us. There are days that I feel like all I do is complain about him... but, I have been in charge for the last four days - all by myself - and it's hard without the little things he does.
November 5 - I am thankful for fall and fall feelings and fall candles and fall soups and fall. It's getting a little too cold too fast this year so I'm feeling like I lost out on all of fall. Hopefully it'll be back for a bit before it gets too bitterly cold.
November 6 - Today I'm thankful for the right to vote. I was thrilled to see how many people were practicing their right and it kinda gives me goosebumps!! At this point tonight, we don't know the outcome, and whether it goes my way or not, I am thankful for a free country and I hope the next president, whoever it may be, can fix America's problems.
November 7 - I am thankful for no more political propaganda - not in my mail, not on TV, not on the radio, not on Facebook........ thank goodness. And I'm thankful that, despite our difference in opinion, my husband and I can still kiss each other good night :)
November 8 - Today I'm simply happy that it is almost the end of the week. It always seems as though the weeks that we are off one or two days, or a teacher work day is in the mix somewhere, are the longest.
November 9 - I'm thankful for Fridays that I don't have to cook. Usually it's pizza, but tonight we get an added bonus of seeing my family AND eating our famous spaghetti. YAY!
November 10 - I'm thankful for having my husband here and actually getting to spend some time with him tonight. Watching a movie and having ice cream and popcorn.
November 11 - Tonight I am thankful for crockpots and the delicious and easy meals they make.
November 12 - A night with no crying when a baby is put to bed is a good night and I am thankful. Thanks, Caillou.
November 13 - I am thankful for a healthy baby. I said it on day one (November 1) but I meant it in that my daughter has no health issues... today I mean it as in she rarely gets sick. She got sick once (while we were at the beach, no less!!) with strep but other than that she's had a few sniffles and we stick the humidifier in her room so fast...! I saw a lot of people posting "sick baby" posts on FB today so I am thankful.
November 14 - Following up on yesterday's thanks... I am super thankful for all the healthy people in our families. Bottom line - we definitely needed it after the last few years! I know we won't always have a year of health but I'm thankful this year was one.
November 15 - I am thankful for my best friends. I don't have many but the few I have are so dear to me. They are far away (one in TURKMENISTAN!) so I don't get to see them often, definitely not often enough. I miss them and I love them and I am lucky to have them.
November 16 - I am thankful for Fridays. And short, holiday weeks! Two days next week!!! Hallelujah.
November 17 - I am thankful for parents who will drive down on a Friday (to allow for a much needed and long-awaited date night) and stay the night to watch Lucy in her swim class and take us to a super yummy breakfast. The best.
November 18 - Trite and silly but I am SO thankful for DVR :) and a little time to catch up some
November 19 - I'm thankful for great coworkers/work friends. I am surrounded by good, and smart, and respectful (and respectable!) people. I consider them friends and enjoy also hanging out with them outside of work.
November 20 - I have a job. It's infuriating, and I don't get paid what I am worth (by "I" I mean we, as in all teachers) but I have a job and dang I love it. Love. it. and I'm so thankful for it.
November 21 - I am thankful for Christmas music.
November 22 - "Thank you for the world so sweet, thank you for the food we eat, thank you for the birds that sing, thank you, God, for everything."
November 23 - I'm thankful that I have a mom who will drive me and my kid all the way home just to turn right back around and drive home.
November 24 - Thankful for Desitin today... that stuff is incredible and baby girl has a diaper rash that made her cry in the tub tonight :( poor pumpkin
November 25 - I'm thankful that hunting weekends end and husbands come back to kiss their wives.
November 26 - I'm thankful for memories today. People, times, events, years, songs, days, jokes, dogs... if it weren't for memories those things would all be gone once they're over. I am so thankful that my mind allows me to think about all things passed. It is sad sometimes but the nostalgia is longed for sometimes, too. This may be one of my favorite 30 days of thanks things this year...
November 27 - So thankful for my home. I did not want this house because I was being a spoiled brat and wanted brand new everythingggg. So, we re-did the kitchen and cleared the back yard and even without those things this house would be our home. I am so proud of what we've done in this house: fixed it up, we've started a family here we've lost family here... So much has happened in three years. I love this house.
November 28 - I am thankful for in-laws. I know we all have things to say about in-laws once in a while, and I'm no different; but when I really think of it, or am reminded of it, I know that if I could pick the in-laws I had to have, I'd pick the ones I've got. They love my daughter and have welcomed me into their lives with love and energy. Nana, Pop, Aunt Bridget, Uncle Sean, and Monica... love them all a lot.
November 29 - Can't believe I didn't think of this before! We are SO thankful for our babysitter. and her husband and kid. They are more than we could have hoped for in so many ways. I am so thankful to have someone I trust like family to watch my daughter when I can't. LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!!
November 30 - I am thankful for payday. The last of my Christmas shopping has been waiting.
I'm thankful for a lot more, but there are only 30 days in November ;)
I count myself so blessed to have the life I do, surrounded by the people who surround me.
No comments:
Post a Comment