Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 in a nutshell

Well, I can honestly say that 2010 was the best, and worst year of my life.  We faced the worst of the worst, and the best of the best... all in one year!!!  Literally, think of the worst news and the best news you could receive and we got them both.

We'll start from the top :)

The Robinson's REALLY know how to put on a PARTAY!!  We rang in 2010 with a wedding - mine of course (January 16) annnnnd we kissed the year good bye with a wedding, my lovely sister's (October 9)...  similar yet different, but both of our weddings were amazing... everyone on the dance floor all night, laughter, friends and family getting together, running out of beer (I believe the Miller Lite keg was tapped at my wedding before dinner was over, and I'm pretty sure Mallory drank about 6 different kinds of beer at her wedding as they kept running out...)  Like I said, we really know how to have some fun!!  And who can deny the happiness in these four faces:

     

But, in between those two amazing events our family went through some of the most difficult times we've ever had to deal with.

In February we lost our family dog, Taffy.  Horrible feeling... horrible.  We were not prepared at all and it was the first of three horrific ordeals.  Ever heard the old saying "bad things happen in threes"?  Well, that rang true in our family this year.

In May we lost our Grandma, the matriarch of the Demeria family.  And lastly, in June, we lost our dear Granny.  What a horrendous few months those were.  No one dies in our family.  Before this year, I had lost two dogs and a great aunt who was 95!  So, needless to say, as a family and as individuals, we weren't very accustomed to dealing with death, especially our grandmas... and our sweet puppy girl.  To this day, it's still really hard to think of either of the three ladies without getting choked up and tears welling up in my eyes.

                                    Granny                                                                              Grandma

                                                                                Taffy

Ok, take a deep breath and we'll end on a few positive notes!!!!  Soon after Mallory's wedding, we found out that I passed the Praxis II FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Now, with the addition of passing my two final classes in these last few months (not just passed, ACED), I am finally going to be a fully certified teacher.  Hell. yea.  It's about damn time.

Also, soon after finding out about the Praxis, Mark and I announced that our family will be growing by one!

                                                                             Baby F

After such a crazy year, weddings, wedding planning, sadness, and all, it seems that we will be even crazier in 2011!!  But, it's going to be a positive crazy and we're so excited about it!!  This weird, sad, happy, unbelievable year couldn't have ended with better news for us.

I am glad this year is over, though... seriously.  I don't like to wish things away, but this year was just too much.  High, low, low, low, high, high, high... my emotions can't take any more!!!!!!

I'm so looking forward to 2011: a baby, another wedding for which I have to do NOTHING!!! and I'm counting on many fun and happy things in between!!!

Have a Happy New Year, everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment