Saturday, December 3, 2011

6 months

It is absolutely unreal that my baby is 6 months old now.
(pause for a few tears)

I mean, really, the kid was just a newborn!  SERIOUSLY!!  I feel like just yesterday we were getting up every hour to check on her our first night home or giving her her first bath...  I gave her a bath last night and she absolutely SOAKED me!  She has such a funny little personality.  She is a ham for sure.  Definitely my and Mark's kid!!

I snapped this picture at the doctor's office on Friday where we found out that no, (thank God) Lucy is not abnormally large.  We had some crazy big guesses for her stats and THANK GOODNESS none were accurate.  I said something like 21 lbs and 30 inches; Mark didn't think that tall and my sis said 24lbs!!!  


Officially?

Weight
19lbs 6oz

Height
28 1/2 inches 
(which Mark argued for a bit, but finally conceded that the nurse was, in fact, right)

Wanna compare??  Let's!

Weight
Birth: 8lbs 3oz
1 month: 10lbs 9oz
2 months:  12lbs 2oz
4 months: 17lbs 9oz

Height
Birth: 20 1/2in
1 month: 23in
2 months: 25 1/4in
4 months: 27in

We don't know Daddy's 6 month stats, but Mama's are 15.4 lbs and 27 1/2 inches.
I'm sure Mark was somewhere in the area of 21-25lbs and 30+ inches!!

She had a very traumatizing appointment as Dr. Wiley had to look very deep in her left ear and she did not like that.. at all.  But, just a bit of fluid he said, nothing to worry about.  Then she got shots :( Poor little Tinkerbell.


Then, we made her 9 MONTH appointment!
I can hardly believe it!

A few things about Lucy at 6 months:
-she love, love, loves to talk
-she loves to eat.
breakfast: bananas and oatmeal
bottle before nap around 10AM
lunch: rice cereal and a veggie
bottle before nap around 2PM
dinner: rice cereal, a veggie and a fruit
bottle before bed around 8PM
We have a pretty good schedule that is ruined every weekend as we are so very busy all the time.  But she adapts well and we do our best to keep her close to her regular weekly schedule.
-she is becoming more attached to Mark and me.  She gets really sad when we walk out of the room now.
-she still enjoys strangers.  someone needs to teach this chick about stranger danger...
-she sits up so well!  and she tries to scoot forward like she's itching to crawl.  daddy is working on it, believe me!
-Christmas lights are so cool to her.  She could sit and stare at them for a long, long time.  Mark and I are going to drive around and let her sit on mama's lap in the neighborhood one night this week.
-she sits up like a big girl in her high chair
-first hair cut
-loves her feet
-stares at her hands
-she has her two bottom teeth
-her first top tooth just broke through and the other is working it's way out.  teething with Lucy is really not too bad.  she is definitely a little off but she isn't incredibly hard to deal with at all.  we are so completely lucky with this kid and we know it, but are so thankful we are.
-literally changes daily!!!

This age is so fun.  I am loving her so much at each stage of her growth but it really is going by so quickly and I miss her baby-ness because she seems like such a big girl now.  Every stage is so drastically different from the one before and like I said, I love each one but the changes also make me miss the stage before.

Unto Christmas with a baby.  Going to be awesomeeeeeeeee!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment