Friday, December 23, 2011

Peace


It's no secret that I love me some Christmas music.  Mark has just about had it driving in my car because I don't allow anything else on the radio from Thanksgiving Day to Christmas Day.

I have a few favorites - of course they are NEVER played - but as we were walking through Christmas Towne I heard one that I love, and I know my mom loves too and should absolutely be played more often.

I think Christmas time should be a time of reflection and a little extra kindness.
It should be a time of giving.
Of taking a little extra time for others.
It should be a time for love.
and joy.
and peace.

I think young Linus in "A Charlie Brown Christmas" says it in one of the sweetest most eloquent ways,
"and suddenly, there was with the angel a multitude of the Heavenly Host praising God and saying, 'Glory to God in the Highest, and on earth peace, and good will toward men.'"

So, I leave you with the lyrics of one of the most beautiful Christmas songs I know.
I wish we all could follow what this song is about.
I wish we could all take a note from Linus.
It would make the world a more beautiful place.

"Let there be peace on earth
and let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on earth
the peace that was meant to be. 
With God as our father
brothers all are we.
Let me walk with my brother
in perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me
let this be the moment now.
With every step I take
let this be my solemn vow.
To take each moment
and live each moment
with peace eternally.
Let there be peace on earth
and let it begin with me.

(Child)
Let there be peace on earth
and let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on earth
the peace that was meant to be
With God as our father
brothers all are we.
Let me walk with my brother
in perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me
let this be the moment now.
With ever step I take
let this be my solemn vow.
To take each moment
and live each moment
in peace eternally.

Let there be peace on earth 
and let it begin with me."

Have a beautiful Christmas with your families.
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. OMG I JUST HEARD THIS SONG IN A STORE AND THOUGHT OF MOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

    ReplyDelete