Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Christmas to Remember

I've been slacking on posting about Christmas.  The whole season was a whirlwind... I'm sure all my holidays from now on will be.  

It actually started for us three weekends ago when we went to the Robinson Christmas.  We don't get to see that side of the family very often and some who came this year we haven't seen in years!  It's always nice to see the whole family growing.  I didn't take any pictures because I never remember my camera.  Lucy wore her Christmas dress for the first time and everyone just loved it!!!  It was a brunch which was too bad because that was right around Lucy's nap time and unfortunately she wasn't a very happy camper.  But, it was fun to see everyone and to, of course, play the white elephant gift exchange.

I went back to school for two more weeks and finally, FINALLY got a break.  Hallelujah.

We left on the Friday before Christmas to travel up to my family's.  We were able to spend time with them through Christmas Eve.  It was so nice to see Mom's extended family and spend time with the people we don't see very often.  The spaghetti was amazing and we had fun using my new camera - learning how to at least.  

Finally, Christmas morning we had our first Christmas morning together.  Lucy did great!  We did have to take a slight break for breakfast because someone got fussy - and Lucy was hungry too ;)

Then we went off to Mark's fam's house for family present exchange and then dinner and gathering with his relatives.

THEN - our Christmas lasted three days!! - we had dinner and fun time with Uncle Chris on the Monday after Christmas.  Lucy loves her uncle and really missed him on Christmas Eve!

With all that being said, I will just put a whole bunch of pictures on here :) (all from the new camera, of course)
And I'll narrate as I see fit!
and I'll apologize for adding so many - seriously there are, like 50... skip if you'd like but they're mostly of Lucy and you really don't want to miss them!! ;)

We had a wonderful Christmas and, though it went by fast, we feel really lucky to have such great families to  have been able to share it with!



 her own bib!!!  thank you, Auntie Peggy!


trying some sauce...






Christmas jammies




he wanted lemon propel.  he got it.


gave everyone a million bucks




waiting for daddy Christmas morning...


a fire, stockings and Santa gifts.  Daddy needs to learn that Santa presents have special wrapping paper :)





unwrapping Hermie :)




yea, it's real.  obvi Santa didn't check with mommy...









oh, btw, she learned to clap.  that's all she did all break. so. cute.












watch out, world, she's about to crawl!!!!!!





her daddy's 1st Christmas jammies - he was 3 1/2 months old.



yay, Lucy.


mommy and Lucy on NYE wearing pink ruffles and leggings :) 


First holiday season as a family down; so many more to come :)

1 comment:

  1. I loved looking at your blog!!! Lucy is ADORABLE and I LOOOOVVVVEEEE her Christmas dress!!! Where did you get that??? She is too cute!!! Happy New Year to you guys!!! :)

    ReplyDelete