This morning I saw three cops within two minutes of driving to work. The first one?
Pulled me over.
So, at 6:30 this AM I shit my pants.
No, I didn't but I might have.
He came right behind me on the main road out of our neighborhood and I commented to myself, "nice stop, buddy."
Ironically? He pulled me for not making a complete stop at one of the stop signs in our neighborhood.
wtf
THANKFULLY, he let me go with a warning (the first of two he gives out daily).
I've come to the conclusion that he let me go with a warning for one of three reasons (as I used to get pulled over all. the. time. and not get off with warnings, this is a new experience for me. cops hate me.)
a. I looked extra-specially pretty today
b. my acting skills and charismatic ways are improving with age
c. he took one look at the bags under my eyes, saw that I am the haggard mother of an infant (hence seat in back of car) and took pity on me
I'd like to think it was a. Let's be honest, there's no way it was b. so I guess I have Lucy's poor little baby cough/gag that kept me up all night to thank for my ticket-free morning.
From now on I will stop so long at stop signs that people will go around me.
No more California-rollin' for me, people!
No more California-rollin' for me, people!
He pulled you over in your NEIGHBORHOOD. That's just playing dirty.
ReplyDeleteno, he got me on a sign in the neighborhood but didn't pull me over til I was on Lee Davis. bastard.
Delete