Friday, January 13, 2012

Exactly 6 years

Today marks exactly 6 years since Mark and I began "dating".  
6 years on the dot.
It was Friday the 13th January 2006.

The reason for the quotations around "dating"? Well, it wasn't really dating at first.  I suppose all courting stories are different; but our courtship, how we fell in love was slow and just, different.

+ he visited Radford every other weekend until he had to go to FL for spring training in the beginning of March (2006)

+ We talked on IM and not on the phone... so much that his mom called me LitlDevl for a while until she actually met me...
We would type back and forth until 2-3AM

+ I did the traveling after I graduated.

+ Ocean City almost every weekend that summer (2006).

+ Finally said "i love you" in October... almost 10 months after we started "dating".
and I said it
and I thought he was asleep
embarrassing.
(*updated after asking Mark if I forgot anything* he said, "yes you forgot something.  you forgot he said, 'i love you back'") 

+ Frederick almost every weekend the following summer (2007).

+ Two trips to Sarasota, FL to visit him at extended spring training (spring 2008).

+ Salisbury, NC almost every weekend the last summer (2008).

+ Finally convinced him to propose to me (even if it was a surprise) March 2009 before his last spring training.

...and the rest is history.

It's really fun to reminisce on how we became who we are... I ask him sometimes if he thought we'd ever be where we are when we started all those years ago.  He always answers a very sure NO.  But, I always knew we'd be something.  I always knew he was different.


Check back on Monday for our official [wedding] anniversary post.

No comments:

Post a Comment