Monday, January 9, 2012

Just do it

Every day I try to do something nice for someone else.  Like, the other day when I was at the grocery store and I came across an older woman trying to get something off a higher shelf and wasn't able to reach.  While every one else passed her by, I grabbed the item and handed it to her.  
It doesn't happen often, I know.
Not my fault that people are stupid.

I give a dollar when people ask at the check-out counter if I'd like to donate, because I feel guilty if I say no.
It's just a dollar.

I have serious road rage, but when I let people go in front of me, it makes me feel better.  Even if the assholes don't signal a "thank you".

I do a lot of things at school for other people... not only because, "if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself" and I would eventually reap the benefits of my duties, but because doing something good for other people every once in a while is good for the soul.

And in some ways it makes the people you do good for carry on the kindness.

I saw this video earlier (via TheBloggess) and, seriously, it gave me goose bumps.

It's exactly like those Liberty Financial commercials where people on the streets are helping out other people, but it's set to a Matisyahu song and it's all about how "paying it forward" could come back to you in positive ways.

Karma, people.

So, watch; and try to do something nice for someone today.
I know, most people are too unbearable even to be able to breathe in their vicinity, but just do good anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment