Monday, January 16, 2012

2 years and a baby...

It's our anniversary again.  We've made it two years... 

It really doesn't seem as long as it's been.  I feel like it was just a few months ago, a year - maybe!  But, alas, Mark and I have lived with each other for two years.

I feel like last year's post was a celebration. and IT WAS!  We made it through the dreaded first year of marriage which was supposed to be oh-so-hard.  I mean, it wasn't pie, but it was great.

We are just now starting to get into the swing of each other; learning the eccentricities and habits that we hate in one another.  His pile-leaving.  My nagging.  and how we deal with each of the annoying habits.

And a baby.
If you really want to test the waters of your marriage, I suggest having a kid.  Forget the dog; you can leave one of those alone for hours on end, feed it once, twice a day, and don't have to clean up it's shit.

The most challenging thing we've ever dealt with is my going back to school and juggling life as working parents.  It. is. not. easy.

I feel like it's a constant battle about who did what and who does more and, "I asked you to do this today" and "I thought you were going to take care of that" conversations.

Building a life with another person is one thing, building a family?  Completely different.

Since we got engaged (March 2009), our relationship has progressed at a pretty fast pace.  We bought a house in October of 2009, got married in January 2010, got pregnant in August 2010, had a baby in June 2011.....

It has not been easy. 
But love ain't easy.
And we love each other.
Despite it all.

And, hullo?


This little doll came out of it and don't even tell me she isn't worth it :)


So, bring on the 7 year itch.  Just bring it on.  Because we're ready.
We know it ain't easy.  And sometimes it's really, really hard.  But, I'd like to thank the Beatles for reminding us that
Love is all you need

No comments:

Post a Comment