Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Anniversary date(s)

Mark and I don't go "all out" for things.  Firstly, we're too poor to do extravagant things and secondly, I don't want to leave my baby for too long and extravagance becomes much less so when a babe is involved.  An anniversary is still an anniversary without gifts.  Don't make me say my favorite Beatles lyric for the 37492374th time on this blog.

But, we were able to celebrate our anniversary by taking a mini get-away to Wintergreen on Friday night.  Lucy's grandma came into town to babysit (and also make us our favorite Rice Krispie treats which were devoured in less than one day thankyouverymuch) and Mark and I left late Friday evening.
Lucy didn't have any fun with Grandma.

Just kidding :) She had so much fun with Auntie Mal, too!


showing off how she can almost crawl


"Oh these?  They're just miboots."

Don't mind her black eye, she is quite mischievous these days and popped herself with a toy.

Anyway, Mark and I arrived to a coooold condo (even with a blazing fire and blankets!) and cuddled on a couch, that actually fits the two of us comfortably, to FINALLY watch "Moneyball" (which I was supposed to take him out to see in the theatre for his birthday... oops).  We slept on a KING SIZE bed which made me feel like I was sleeping on a cloud in heaven.  It was glorious.  No squeaking, no baseball-mitt sized hand flying into my face, no elbows in my back... and I didn't even hear Mark get up at 9AM so I slept til 9:30!!!  Like I said, 
g.l.o.r.i.o.u.s.

We lounged all morning in a much warmer condo as the heat had finally kicked in, and went on a lunch date.  We ordered a beer sampler and a delicious meal of loaded nachos and a pork BBQ sami... annd indulged on a dessert (which I should have taken a picture of as it was AH-mazing, but it was inhaled too quickly).  Glazed donut al a mode topped with caramel sauce?  Holy balls.


Lunch restaurant had a moose.
<3


The rest of the day went by lazily:
We tasted a few new types and bought a bottle of wine from the winery where we took our engagement pictures.  
We napped.  A real-life nap.  I haven't napped since I was pregnant with Lucy.
We got dressed for a fancy dinner at the restaurant we went to the night we got engaged.
We ordered dessert. again.  
We stole some Andy's mints and hit the road home to see our girl.

All the while we continually reminded ourselves that only three years ago (in March) we got engaged with a s'more.  And there we were three years later.  Time sure does fly.


Yesterday was our real anniversary and since Mark and Lucy were sick all day Sunday and Monday, we kept it low-key.  We met for lunch and indulged again on dessert at Sweet Frog where Mark enjoyed a very fruit-filled combination, I loaded up on the chocolate, of course, and Lucy enjoyed some mango and blackberry bites :)

We bought big-girl car seats for Lucy and realized that she is getting old too fast.
She's already driving...



Time sure does fly.

But we made it two years and had a lovely weekend celebrating our accomplishment.
Unto year three!!
I'm sure this year will fly by too...

2 comments: