Monday, August 20, 2012

"To Do"

When school ended for the summer I made a "Summer Bucket List", of things I wanted to do with Lucy and some with Mark.  I can say I accomplished most of it and some little extras!  So, I wanted to re-cap our summer in a quick post :)

It's been busy if you can't tell by the lack of blogging!  I hope the school year goes quickly and isn't too much work!!  Anyway, no school talk just yet!  I want to live out the last of my summer!!

Ok, my bucket list:
1. Go to the Richmond Zoo
I did a post about this here. Depressing.  Mark and I plan on going during a weekend in September.  It just has to be done!!  At least we attempted to save that miserable day with another something to do, even if the Children's Museum wasn't what we thought it would be... I will def post about the zoo when we finally go!!! :)

2. Go on a walk at least five times a week
This I didn't really accomplish.  Listen, it was bloody hot this summer.  Go in the morning you say?  I didn't breed an early-riser, you guys.  She sleeps til at least 7:30/8.  And it was just too hot even then for her.  She's a sweater... And when it wasn't too hot, it was raining.  But we did some fun things around the house still... 

3. Sweet Frog AT LEAST once a week ;)
I'm disappointed in myself... this, sadly, didn't happen.  We went quite a lot.  But, we are also obsessed with Food Lion's sherbert which we get a lot in the summer time, and we're really close to Brusters who we get PINTS from.  Pints, people, and they are delish.  So, ice cream was consumed... it was consumed a lot.

4. Read six books (I realize this is VERY ambitious, but I have such a long list!!!)
Kicked this one's ass.
Eight Books, bitches.
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
Heaven is for Real
Let's Pretend This Didn't Happen
Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay
Cutting for Stone (finishing it now)

5. Eat dinner outside
Didn't happen.  Once we had people over to pick crabs but that was the only time we did this :( it's hard when you stand to eat to prevent food from flying and your hubby isn't here during dinner... oh well.

6. Play in our pool!  I hope to do it also at least five times a week!
We had a lot, lot, lot of pool time.  Not five times a week (side-eye, Mark... "it's ruining my grass!!!) but we visited friends and such and used their pools here and here, too...

7. Host a play-date :)
We did.  Boy, did we.  I so enjoy spending time with my co-workers :) we had play dates several times this summer

8. No TV (unless it's Sprout) during the day
I wrote a little bit about our schedule here.  But pretty much we watch Sprout til about 11AM and then have a break in the afternoon for some more SPROUT 4-5 :) and then finally at night we watch to calm Crazy down before bed from 730-815 :) she gets so excited for her favorite shows and Mommy and Daddy are excited for new episodes this fall... if I have to watch Caillou imagine he's a police officer one more time..................

9. Spend time with my husband... I know this is a silly thing but with Mark's odd schedule it's hard to pin him down!  So it is a must-do for this summer... day trips, lunch date, with or without Luc, etc.
Mark and I didn't do many things, but there was a lunch date without Lucy, some dinner dates with Lucy and obviously some trips, etc.  It's just hard.  But we'll continue to spend time together doing things in the fall like the Pumpkin Patch, the zoo, the fair, etc. :)

10. Get tan AT THE BEACH (well, hopefully before for everyone else's sake, but at the beach too!!!!)
I got a bit of a base tan (thank you nap time!!) before the beach last week.  And I got some good sun time in at the beach despite having a sick little pumpkin :(  I will post beach pics when I get them from everyone else because I DIDN'T TAKE ANY like a dummy :( 


I told you I did MORE with Luc, beyond my list.  I mean, we really got around ;)

We went visiting friends and friends and family and the condo.

We went to the fountains (which we're visiting again tomorrow!)

We went to Maymont.

I feel like I'm missing a ton of stuff!!!

What an amazing summer.  Too short!  I just want to rewind...

No comments:

Post a Comment