Friday, May 28, 2010

A Family Foto

I just finished texting my sister about scheduling a photo sesh for Mark, Rocky and me! 
A family photo.  
For as long as I can remember, the Robinson's have taken a family picture of some way shape or form.  Most of them were for Mom's Christmas cards.  A lot come to mind; mostly we hate doing this.  
   
We used to go to Sears and get pictures taken; sometimes we would get the whole family together and head over to the old Olen Mills.  But mostly, when we were younger, Mom would snag a picture of us whenever she could round the three of us up to snap a half-way decent shot.   The absolute worst was (and this is still what I consider to be a "family picture") at Christmas when the parents would make all of us grandkids take a picture together.  It evolved into one of the most uncomfortable events we all dreaded. 
Of course it had to be from oldest to youngest and it evolved from a normal shot of all of us standing in two rows or something to a borderline inappropriate formation.  Like I said, oldest to youngest so Nicky and Robby were the lucky ones who didn't have to be surrounded.  We had to v-sit straddle each other.  Robby straddles Emily who straddles Mallory straddles Anna straddles Joey straddles Katie, Greg and Nicky.  So awkward.  I'm pretty sure this lasted well into our teens, right Rob?
So glad they stopped that.
Most recently our family picture has been taken at the beach on the night of our "dinner-out" so we Mallory and I can do our hair and look fabulous, duh.  We get on our perspective sides of our adorable baby brother and smile begrudgingly.  We never end up liking them, or one of us does and the other not-so-much.  Of course, Mom doesn't listen to us and chooses what she likes no matter our bitching.  
As I am a little older and wiser in the ways of the world, I see now why the pictures are so important and I definitely want to carry on the family pic tradition my mother has done so well to carry on for all these years.  
Hence the reason I was texting Mallory earlier, she's our photog!  We are going to go to a park around Richmond sometime this summer and hope for a cooperative doggy and smile pretty!
As for this summer, Mom informed us that she wasn't taking the picture on our dinner-out night... she was going to do it on the beach.  Yea, that'll go over well with our "beach" bodies and beach hair!?  But, what I am very much looking forward to is that this year, it won't just be me, Mal and Greg and our parents.  We will have seven of us :) 
Up north in Wisconsin 
Most recent family pic at the wedding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment