I've only been to two funerals before in my whole 26 years. I've also been to a celebration of life. In high school, my great aunt passed away. It was sad, but it didn't affect me too deeply. Then, we had a classmate who was in a car accident. I knew him, but wasn't close to him. Our whole class was excused to attend his funeral. Last fall Mark's grandma passed away and they held a celebration of life for her instead of a funeral. I wore a pink dress and bawled like a fool (btw, never met the woman) - not one of my favorite memories. But, it was sad to see Mark sad. So, to say that I've never really experienced death would be true in a way... at least not how I have had to experience it in the last week. I'm not in any shape to talk about it but I'll leave you with these few things. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/newsandmessenger/obituary.aspx?n=josephine-a-demeria&pid=142665586
We were asked to give our favorite memory of her and this is what I wrote: "Although there are many memories I love of Grandma, all of which show her spunk and incredible personality, my favorite is of her dancing at my wedding. The reason I choose this memory is because it is how I will always remember her. She was having so much fun, laughing and shakin' a leg. She got to dance with Mark, and even with Grandpa which is something we have all loved to watch throughout the years. I'll never forget her smile that night, I don't think any of us ever will."
I miss you, Grandma.
No comments:
Post a Comment