We had a wonderful Christmas in this house. We have the best family and are so thankful that we do! We began the holidays up in Northern VA with my family last Sunday, actually. We met up with Dad's side of the fam for some delicious brunch and were able to catch-up with them since last year we weren't able to do Robinson Christmas because of all the snow! It threatened again this year, but held off :)
After coming home for two days of school, we cleaned and did last minute preparations on Wednesday so we could head back up to Manassas on Thursday. We made it safely with no snow Christmas Eve and around 4:00 we headed up to Maryland to my uncle's house so we could celebrate! We had a delicious dinner of our favorite spaghetti... mmmm I can still taste it :) then we exchanged presents, Grandpa made us cry, we had dessert and finally headed home. It was a great night of fun.
Christmas morning we woke up at Mom and Dad's for the last time. We opened our gifts and had another great meal. Then we hit the road, again, back down to Richmond. When Mark and I got here we had a little time to exchange gifts for each other and give Rocky his stocking :) What a spoiled animal that guy is!! Mark got me my robe, finally! And he got some jammies and a little surprise from his unborn baby :) Some Carhart gear!
After our own gift exchange we headed over to the Fleisher's and had a little breakfast for a late lunch and exchanged gifts, yet again!!! Soooo many presents for us this year! When everyone arrived for dinner, we ate again and then did a White Elephant gift exchange. This is new for them, so I explained the rules and it turned out pretty fun. We got a phenomenal blanket that I have adopted as mine, and a dinner gift certificate.
Some of our favorite and most meaningful gifts... and a few of Rocky, too :)
his new vest - so excited!
yummy marrows
a nylabone
new "virtually indestructible" ball that he punctured in seconds
cookies that people can eat, too
"Those who think they know everything annoy those of us who do" -- haha funny present from his wife :)
BBQ sauce :) He also got peanut butter BBQ sauce in his stocking from my mom and dad
thank. God.
thanks, Mom for not getting an ugly, weird pregnant lady
recipes for Grandma's spaghetti and lasagna and a beautiful Lenox spatula
baby stuff :) Nana (Mark's mom) crocheted the blanket, my parents (Grandma and Grandpa) gave me the book - my favorite when I was little :) and Mark's Aunt Lynn sent us the ornament maker for next year :)
my mom surprised the three kids/families with a nativity scene... I am so excited!!! I looked and looked this year, but couldn't find one I liked. I love Fontanini's and it's going to be gorgeous next Christmas when we set it up!
Merry Christmas from The Fleisher's plus one :)
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment