So, I decided that Wednesday was going to be my last day of work. I was exhausted, my patience was wasted away and if anything would have happened at school I would have been mortified!!!!!
On my way home I was zooming down 95 per usual and I was on the phone with my mom. Then, I heard this weirdo noise and my car started to drive funny and I thought, oh eff! I have a flat tire!
Oh yes, yes I did. So, I was stranded on the side of 95 for an hour because Mark had JUST gotten to work and had to cancel his lessons to haul his rear all the way up past Kings Dominion to help his pregnant wife.
What a mess. Good thing he's a jack of all trades - how does one even learn how to change a tire? It's a guy thing, I guess. So, he changed my tire - my knight in shining armor :)
Then he told me that this spare tire can only go up to 50mph on the highway. Say what!?!?!?
I wouldn't have thought twice and would have just driven home. Not Mark. He told me not to go over 55mph and he would follow me home. Are you joking? No, he was not.
So, instead of going 75+ in the left-hand lane like I usually do, I was going 15 (ish) mph UNDER the speed limit.
I could feel the eyes of people, people like ME, boring into me as they sped past at Fast and Furious speeds. How I longed to be them. I was making eye contact with NO ONE. I was so embarrassed.
Secretly, I kepted upping my cruise control 1mph every few miles and I could then feel the eyes of my husband boring into the back of my head. Slow down.
We went to get a new tire because APPARENTLY my tire blew up. Good stuff. This is my 5th tire in three years. I have such horrible luck!!!
But, I'm so thankful it happened NOW and not when the baby is here and I have that precious little thing in the car with me stranded on the side of the road. Hallelujah! Everything happens for a reason, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment