Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The bane of my exhistance

I haven't taken a belly pick in a while because I've been the center of pictures lately.  I had showers and "maternity" pics and so those have sufficed as my "belly" pics for you all!  But, remember the frame?  You can see it here and here and here and even here.  Yes the frame has been empty on the wall since not last Christmas, but Christmas 2009.  Basically since we moved in.  Why?  Cuz I didn't have a picture I wanted to put in it yet!  Geez!

Finally, we went out and had family pictures taken by Mal and we had a picture!!!  I was so excited.  I went out and got one of the pictures blown up to an 8x10 and came right home to put it in the frame.  Well, this dang frame was so hard to open I wasn't thinking about anything but prying the clips back and putting the picture in.  I leaned on the frame and kept a-prying... yes, folks, I leaned on the frame.......... and I broke the glass.  Damn. it.  The broken frame has been laying around our house since mid Feb.  No lie.  Finally my wonderful dad offered to get us some glass so I gave him the measurements and off he went.  I was so excited this weekend to bring home the glass and put that beautiful picture up!!

Turns out I gave my dad the wrong measurements.  Seriously?  I was 1/16th of an inch off!!!!!!!!!!  I mean when does 1/16th of anything actually make a difference?  I guess when it's glass for a frame.  So now, we have to go get the glass cut again so it will fit into the frame.

I was pissed.  It's kinda like the many times I've burnt cookies.  It pisses me off.

But, when I got home from work yesterday, my adorable husband put the frame with the beautiful picture up on the wall.  No glass, but the picture is absolutely perfect and it looks amazing.  The first ever Fleisher Family photo.  We'll keep this picture up for a long time.  It was the family of three that we started as and even though we'll be a different family of three soon, this picture is one of much emotion and love and it's stickin' around.


love.it.

2 comments: