Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Baseball Baby again...

Exciting news before I begin chatting about our baseball weekend:
we have teeth.
And by "we" I of course mean Lucy.
They are sharp.
Two at once.
She drools a lot...
She doesn't fuss.
There has got to be something wrong with this kid...

Anyway
Lucy traveled again - she's a travellin' fool!  
She has really racked up the frequent "driver" miles since she was born!!


First game was Saturday - early!!  It was pretty chilly so we snuggled up and enjoyed the sunny spots!
After the game, we checked into the hotel room and ALL took a nap.  Last week was a long week.  

His next game was late - 8:00 and it was cold!  Lucy and I spent a good chunk of it eating in the heated truck.  Then, we made laps around the stadium to put babe to bed.  
Good idea, mommy.
Thank you. :)

Sunday morning we all enjoyed a delicious continental breakfast.  I refuse to stay in a hotel without one.
Lucy even sat like a big-girl up at the table with mommy and daddy :)


mmmmm jelly and syrup!


the hotel we stayed in is the "guest" hotel for teams visiting the Aberdeen Ironbirds.  Mark played with the Ironbirds his first season in the minors.  They had some great paraphernalia :) And a ball with his signature - before he even mastered it.  I asked him why he signed it with the #24 as his number is #23, but I knew he wore #32 that year.  The signing of this ball was so early that he hadn't switched his number yet.  I also inquired when he "mastered" his autograph and he said definitely the All Star game that year as he had to sign so many autographs :) I'm really proud of him and it was really cool to see this stuff and to know we can tell our kids about it one day!



His game on Sunday was at around 12:30PM and it was beautiful.  
Lucy slept most of the time - on me! That was comfy.  But, I snagged this sweet pic of her :)


Skins played at home on Sunday and we thought we'd get out of MD before the game ended but it was such an awesome game (notice the sarcasm?) that we hit every bit of it.  Good thing Lucy was sleepy :)


Absolutely love those chubby arms :)
Another good, successful weekend with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment