Last Christmas season we spent a weekend with Josh, Lindsay and Nolan (you've met Nolan before, and Josh is Lucy's Godfather) and they had the coolest little tradition-gift.
I think they named him Jack.
That's right, you name your little elf and there is a whole story that goes along with it. It's so. cute.
I mean, look at how the little guy is sitting in the box!!! Could you just die!?!?
So, the tradition is that every day when baby/toddler wakes up, they are to find [elf] and their elf watches over them for Santa and makes sure they are being good little boys and girls :)
This year we'll gift it to Lucy and next year, when she's a little older, we'll start the tradition. I can't wait!
I know you're all wondering what we'll name the little guy... Jack is cute because it's easy to say but Nolan has Jack.
I thought of Bernard - as in the head elf in The Santa Clause
So cute, right!?
But then, just as he's known to do, Lucy's grandpa, my daddy, swoops in with a much better, couldn't be more perfect name for Lucy's elf.
So perfect.
Can't wait to introduce Lucy to Hermey next Christmas!!!!
I have heard of lots of friends who do this with their kiddos :) so fun!! Christmas is right around the corner!
ReplyDelete